How to overcome Insomnia? Probably this is the main question you have if you struggle to sleep at night. To overcome insomnia, you should try to lie down and get up at the same time. Moreover, you should avoid being anxious at bedtime, as a good sleep is essential for health and good humor. If you have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep it is critical to adopt strategies that help you sleep better.
Usually, insomnia is caused by situations that cause stress or anxiety. However, it can also occur when you do not have sleep habits, such as not respecting bedtime and waking up.
In order to combat insomnia, some strategies must be adopted:
Adopt good sleep habits
To adopt sleep habits is advised:
- Lie down and get up at the same time every day, even on weekends;
- Perform activities that relieve stress a few hours before bed, such as running;
- Make light meals from 6 pm on, not drinking stimulant drinks like coffee or green tea;
- Turn off all electronic devices such as TV, computer, cell phone, clocks or alarm clocks before bedtime;
- Also, it is important to prepare the bedroom to sleep, choosing a good mattress that does not cause pain in the neck or back and wear comfortable pyjamas.
As one of the most common causes of insomnia is stress, it is advised to adopt measures that helps to combat stress such as:
- Avoid places and situations that can cause anxiety;
- Try to carry out leisure activities and to enjoy every day;
- Perform physical exercises every day to relieve tension;
- Do relaxation exercises, such as deep breathing
- In addition, it is crucial to get your minds out off work and worries before going to bed, try not to think about anything.
Take Insomnia Remedies
When natural recommendations are insufficient to cure insomnia, the doctor should be consulted to identify the cause of insomnia, so the disease can be treated properly.
Initially, natural remedies for insomnia made with herbal medicines such as chamomile tea, lemon balm, linden and cloves of India should be used, as they have sedative and relaxing properties.
When this treatment is not enough, the doctor may prescribe the intake of insomnia medicines.